Monday, June 20, 2016

Trusting Without Borders



“Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders, let me walk upon the waters,
wherever you would call me.
Take me deeper than my feet could every wander, and my faith would be made stronger,
in the presence of my Savior.”

This is a prayer that was on Ashley’s heart when she first arrived in Uganda in July of 2013. Lyrics from Hillsong United’s song Oceans. As I spent time singing this song at church and DOORS worship night in prayer, little could I even imagine or dream how God would radically answer this plea to be pushed outside of comfort zones and faith be increased! 3 years later, I am still in Uganda (which was not in the plans), married to the wonderful man Matt Lammers (we first met around August 2013), and am continually required to take leaps of faith in my daily life from planning at Yahaya’s Plot, to coordinating volunteer schedules, to weekly meetings and administrative work at DOORS Ministries believing God for miracles and yet-to-be-fulfilled promises. And now, God has pushed Matt and I even deeper and deeper into trusting Him. Borders are now gone and we are on the waters of where He is calling us to go together. 


We are happy to announce that in November 2016, we will be welcoming a baby boy or girl into the world. We plan to deliver here in Uganda and have been regularly seeing a midwife at a local hospital. We are looking forward to the family and friends that have already planned their visits for post-November, and are thankful for everyone’s support and love from near and afar. Our Ugandan community is thrilled for us, and in true Ugandan community family style- are looking forward to help us raise up this child together. We feel supported, and like we have a team standing behind us in prayer, with listening ears, with willing hands to help, and so much more. We are grateful for each of you as we step into this season of the unknown.

When we first found out we were expecting a baby, it took us some time to adjust to the idea of a brand new lifestyle so quickly into our still new marriage…hence our delay in sharing the news publically. After 4 months of prayer and processing, we find ourselves excited at the changes ahead, and the opportunity to embark on this adventure together.

Would you pray with us as we prepare for parenthood, that we would prepare well, and accept the offers to help of others? 

No comments:

Post a Comment